- California reds under £30 / $30: Panel tasting resultson January 18, 2021
Is there a middle-ground in California for pricing? The post California reds under £30 / $30: Panel tasting results appeared first on Decanter.
- Burgundy 2019 en primeur: Full report plus top-scoring wineson January 18, 2021
Full report Burgundy vineyard / cote d'or The vintage takes its place alongside other exceptional recent years in Burgundy. The post Burgundy 2019 en primeur: Full report plus top-scoring wines appeared first on Decanter.
- Five of Napa’s most stunning winerieson January 17, 2021
Inglenook’s famous château at night Adrian Smith highlights his top five Napa winery visits... The post Five of Napa’s most stunning wineries appeared first on Decanter.
- Top scoring 2018 Bordeaux dry whites: Re-tasted in the bottleon January 17, 2021
See the full Bordeaux 2018 report here See individual appellation overviews for: St-Estèphe, Pauillac, St-Julien, Margaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc, Listrac, Moulis and Pessac-Léognan & Graves In addition to the hundreds of recently-bottled Bordeaux wines Jane Anson usually tastes for her in bottle report, this one included the full line up of dry whites from both Médoc The post Top scoring 2018 Bordeaux dry whites: Re-tasted in the bottle appeared first on Decanter.
- Best Japanese whisky: Ten to tryon January 16, 2021
We have chosen top Japanese whisky deals below with a range of styles and prices. The post Best Japanese whisky: Ten to try appeared first on Decanter.
- Learn about Japanese whisky – all you need to knowon January 16, 2021
Photo by Shirota Yuri on Unsplash How did whisky culture enter Japan from the west? The post Learn about Japanese whisky – all you need to know appeared first on Decanter.
- Bordeaux 2018 wines in bottle: Best-value wines under £20/$28on January 16, 2021
There's value to be found in the Bordeaux 2018 vintage The post Bordeaux 2018 wines in bottle: Best-value wines under £20/$28 appeared first on Decanter.
- Best 2018 Bordeaux second wines: Re-tasted in the bottleon January 16, 2021
All scored 93 points or more when tasted in bottle. The post Best 2018 Bordeaux second wines: Re-tasted in the bottle appeared first on Decanter.
- What is oxidation in wine? - Ask Decanteron January 15, 2021
Some types of Sherry are made in an oxidative style. And how does it affect a wine's character?... The post What is oxidation in wine? - Ask Decanter appeared first on Decanter.
- Top Sauternes & Barsac 2018 wines: Re-tasted in the bottleon January 15, 2021
2018 was a concentrated and powerful year, where patience was key due to the late onset of the botrytis, says Anson. The post Top Sauternes & Barsac 2018 wines: Re-tasted in the bottle appeared first on Decanter.
Wine Searcher News
- Burgundy Comes Calling for Sonoma Pinoton January 17, 2021
One of Burgundy's biggest names has established a foothold in Sonoma, drawn by the quality of the Pinot Noir.
- Napa and Willamette Suffer Poor 2020 Vintageon January 15, 2021
On average, both regions had subpar vintages, but statistics don't tell the whole story.
- Boom Times Ahead for US Wine industryon January 14, 2021
A Covid rebound could spell better times for producers, retailers and consumers in the world's biggest wine market.
- Jack Daniel's Not Amused by Dog Toy Decisionon January 13, 2021
The US Supreme Court has made another surprising decision regarding the liquor industry.
- US Supreme Court Backs Off Shipping Caseon January 12, 2021
The case for interstate shipping takes a blow as the Supreme Court passes up the chance to settle it.
- England in a Caseon January 11, 2021
England has long been an important wine market, but now its wine production is gaining recognition, too.
- Wine's Bubble Yet to Burston January 10, 2021
After a surprisingly good year for the wine industry, what comes next?
- Wine the Target for Investors – and Thieveson January 8, 2021
The value of wine as a solid investment has been proved again – in different ways.
- Gallo Set to Dominate the Bargain Basementon January 7, 2021
The buy-out of a raft of Constellation brands has been given the go-ahead by regulators.
- US Hits France with More Wine Tariffson January 5, 2021
The new year begins where we were before Covid – with a wine industry facing economic turbulence.