- Tributes paid to Pio Boffa, a Piedmont wine pioneeron April 19, 2021
Tributes have been paid to Pio Boffa. The fourth-generation head of Pio Cesare winery has died aged 66... The post Tributes paid to Pio Boffa, a Piedmont wine pioneer appeared first on Decanter.
- Cap Classique: 50 years of South African premium sparkling wineon April 19, 2021
Behind the Cape's traditional-method fizz, and the wines to try… The post Cap Classique: 50 years of South African premium sparkling wine appeared first on Decanter.
- Property: Boutique Italian vineyard in the hills of Friulion April 19, 2021
A view from the pool... Small, hillside vineyard estate with panoramic views listed for sale... The post Property: Boutique Italian vineyard in the hills of Friuli appeared first on Decanter.
- An in-depth look at Burgundy's Domaine de la Pousse d'Oron April 18, 2021
With a rich history spanning several centuries, Domaine de la Pousse d’Or is in the league of elite Burgundy estates with exceptional vineyard holdings across the region. Based in the village of Volnay where it has majority holdings, nor far from the centre of Beaune, it owns 17 hectares across the Côte de Beaune and The post An in-depth look at Burgundy's Domaine de la Pousse d'Or appeared first on Decanter.
- Wine to 5 - The sommelier-turned-wine buyer: Fionnuala Synnott, La Rousse Wines, Dublinon April 18, 2021
Former journalist and sommelier, now wine buyer at merchant La Rousse in Dublin The post Wine to 5 - The sommelier-turned-wine buyer: Fionnuala Synnott, La Rousse Wines, Dublin appeared first on Decanter.
- New-wave Scotch distilleries - plus five bottles to tryon April 17, 2021
Stills at The Glasgow Distillery A new wave of craft distilleries is carving a niche in Scotland’s already vibrant whisky scene The post New-wave Scotch distilleries - plus five bottles to try appeared first on Decanter.
- Experimenting with sweet wine as dosage for English sparkling wineon April 17, 2021
Hart of Gold 'Special Dosage' range Instead of the usual mixture of base wine and sucrose, Justin Howard-Sneyd MW of Domaine of the Bee is trialling a range of sweet wines as dosage to add an extra twist to his English wines, made in collaboration with Ridgeview. What is dosage? For sparkling wines made using the traditional method (méthode Champenoise), dosage The post Experimenting with sweet wine as dosage for English sparkling wine appeared first on Decanter.
- How many calories are there in wine? Ask Decanteron April 16, 2021
With advice on how to keep count from Beverley Blanning MW... The post How many calories are there in wine? Ask Decanter appeared first on Decanter.
- Barossa Wine Auction 2020: Imperial of Penfolds Grange 2016 sells for AU$50,000on April 16, 2021
Total sales at the auction came to $139,000. The post Barossa Wine Auction 2020: Imperial of Penfolds Grange 2016 sells for AU$50,000 appeared first on Decanter.
- Best Malbec wine: Ten top Argentinian bottleson April 16, 2021
Argentina offers fantastic Malbecs across all price ranges... The post Best Malbec wine: Ten top Argentinian bottles appeared first on Decanter.
Wine Searcher News
- Barolo Legend Boffa Dieson April 19, 2021
The Covid-related death of Pio Cesare's Pio Boffa prompts Tom Hyland to remember his friend.
- Cocaine Wine and Hungry for Hungaryon April 18, 2021
This week's news roundup uncovers drug smuggling, great websites and a move for Krug.
- Winter's Last Gasp Devastates French Vineyardson April 17, 2021
Unseasonal frosts have hurt French growers. Caroline Henry reports from Champagne.
- Controversy as Gallo Seeks East Coast Footholdon April 16, 2021
The California wine giant is looking to set up more than just tasting rooms in South Carolina.
- Gone Rudy, Gone: Wine Fraud Deportedon April 15, 2021
After months of uncertainty, wine's most famous counterfeiter is thrown out of the United States.
- The World's Most Wanted Champagneson April 14, 2021
Champagne has enjoyed an impressive year, but have we changed our tastes?
- Calls for Resignation over Sonoma Sex Claimson April 13, 2021
There are growing calls for action over allegations of sexual assault by a wine country politician.
- Napa Launches $42m Fire Prevention Planon April 12, 2021
Local government pledges to work with the fire chief and producers to prevent future wildfires
- Label Investigation Sparks War of Wordson April 11, 2021
This week's news roundup finds dodgy dealings in Spain, a new celebrity wine and a very expensive rosé
- The World's Most Wanted Pinot Grison April 10, 2021
Whether you call it Gris or Grigio, this popular favorite has made an unlikely mark on the wine world.