- Speak with authority on the wine areas of the world and their products
- Know the principal grape varieties used in wine making and the areas of the world where they are cultivated.
- Answer questions on international wine laws, including those of France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Australia and the USA.
- Display knowledge of fortified wines, their vinification, storage, and handling.
- Describe the various methods of distillation and production of spirits and liqueurs.
- Explain the process of making beers and cigars and the reasons for the variations in style between different products.
- Discuss how the products should be stored to ensure that they remain in the optimum condition